Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Movies, Art and Music (Part II)

ART

If the good Lord showered talents when I was young, I must have been asleep. I lack talent when it comes to art --- creative art. I am better in performing arts, but painting, sketching....nah. Totally talentless. I can't draw an apple, maybe I can, however it wouldn't look like an apple.

For lack of talent, I am big on appreciation. I appreciate art. That's why i visit museums and go to art exhibits. I am just at awe with man's creative hands.

manilaart.com

The Bonafide Art Galleries Organization (BAGO) and National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) held a 5-day exhibit at SMX MOA dubbed as Manila Art 2012 - Asia's Hottest Contemporary Art Fair. The site was packed with artworks from various galleries.








I was impressed. This was painted by a 6-year old:

Cute little kitten.
 A self-portrait of a 14-year old:




There were paintings that looked like enlarged photographs:


Most were bursting with colors.





My good friend, Tiger Lila, has a thing for orange. We were housemates before, she painted her room California Sunset..while my room was just plain white. Here she is:




 Fat is art.

How curvaceous!

This is cute. Perfect for a child's bedroom:



 This, as well:

 
There were some sculptures on display. I particularly liked this:




This really caught my attention. Hand-compressed feathers on canvass by Augusto Elopre, Philippine Art Awards 2012 Grand Prize Winner.

Beautiful, right? I could just imagine the hardwork exerted to come up with this masterpiece.

Another masterpiece on exhibit was the Allegory of a Farce by Romulo Galicano. The painting was huge, and here is a portion of it:


I have secretly been wishing to pose naked for an artist. Not in an obscene manner, ha. Just like Rose in Titanic, or like this:

I think I can pull this off.

 

Happy long weekend! 

  

2 comments: