Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Cranberries

If you grew up in the 90’s, you must have adored The Cranberries. I did! Dolores O’Riordan was an icon back then, famous for the songs Linger, Dreams, Ode to My Family, among others. Her voice was recognizable, not to mention her occasional “piyok” during live concerts.



Last April 10, The Cranberries had its second concert in Manila at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. The concert started an hour late, my pet peeve. Good thing the band put up a good show for an hour and a half.

They played 22 songs, with Dreams as an opening number.



Everywhere I look, the people in the audience were my ka-age. Batang 90’s. I was glad.

Dolores danced around the stage. Her dance steps were very animated, I didn’t know she could be that funny.



This Irish rock band came to life during my high school days. These 2 albums are my favorites (I still have them in cassette tapes):

consequenceofsound.net

risingstars.ph

Dolores played the guitar as well. She did in Free To Decide, Zombie and I Can’t Be With You.


With Salvation as its encore song, the band really brought the house down. Everyone was singing, dancing and jumping.

The Cranberries still has IT. Great music, great performance, great night. It was like being high school again, minus the head bang.



No comments:

Post a Comment