Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rizal Park, Manila


Have you ever set foot in Manila’s Rizal Park? I just did, my first time ever, in my 7 years of residency in the city.

I always see the park whenever I take the LRT, or pass by it along Taft. But it never occurred to me to drop by until recently, when I was on my way to SM Manila.



This is the back portion of the Rizal monument along Taft. The monument is facing Roxas Boulevard. I did not drop by the monument as the heat was too intense. I just lingered in the park area.  

There are bridges or walkways crisscrossing the pond. The map of the Philippines is actually splattered on the pond.




The park is well maintained. The plants were green and the pavements were clean.


There were also framed pictures on display around the park. Pictures of buildings/structures with its historical background.


Facing the bayside, the park is sandwiched between the Department of Tourism and National Museum buildings.


National Museum. Must visit. Soon.
I didn't know that a lot of activities are actually being held here every month. Its calendar of events for the month of May is actually full. 


Right beside the Rizal Park is this:





A haven for kids. Cheap thrill for family.

It's nice to be staying outdoors from time to time. Manila is all about malls. One should try to visit parks and enjoy the sunshine.

Wearing the Traveling Dress for the 16th time.

No comments:

Post a Comment