Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Movies, Art and Music (Last Part)

MUSIC

Music is my life. Way back in college, I would always tune in to MTV. Daily. I never missed a day without watching MTV. I thought I would get sick if I don't get to watch MTV (babaw college problem).

Whenever a new album is released in the market, I automatically dash to the nearest music store to buy a cassette tape. Yes, i grew up in an era where cassette tapes were the medium of music. I still have them in my room in Davao City. I don't know if they still play as I don't have a cassette player anymore.

This year was packed with concert scenes, both by international and local artists. I watched Tears for Fears last August.

theultimatefan.blogspot.com
 Hail to the duo: Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith!

Opening number: Everybody Wants to Rule the World.
Believe me, Araneta Coliseum was full to the brim. Old and old alike were everywhere, mga batang 80's. That night was like a big videoke party, as everyone was singing with the duo. I think most Filipinos are familiar with their songs.

Eager audience and fans.

 
One of my favorite songs from the group is "Sowing the Seeds of Love". Just imagine my singing voice rafting through the coliseum walls when they actually performed the song, lol.


They still have the IT.

These guys were amazed at how well the Filipinos received their songs. For a little country like ours, they couldn't believe that their music has reached our islands. They have been coming back for concerts, and in all instances they were warmly received, and concert tickets were always sold out.

There was too much audience participation that I left the site with a sore throat from too much singing, lol.

Neon lights flashed all through out the night.

I went to a street party months ago, for a tribute to The Beatles called Fete de la Musique. It happened right in Kalayaan Ave. The street was closed for the night where a mini stage was set up.

Photo owned by Tiger Lila

I didn't hear a single Beatles song that night. Mostly were raps by local artists, like "Kung ikaw ay Pinoy sumigaw ng Hoy!"...mga ganung songs. Songs were patriotic as well. We left right after Megan Aguilar's stint.

One Friday night, I spent it with Side A Band in Baga Berde. I just love their songs! I was in high school when I first saw them perform live. I was ecstatic for weeks, haha.

With good friends, Mike and Kittycat.
 
Then there was this very good local singer in Sea Slugs Bar, El Nido. She was very Adele. She can sing Adele's songs effortlessly. I was impressed. We spent 3 nights in this bar (I already memorized her repertoire), and she was the performer. 

Some kinda Adele holding her glass of iced tea =)
This week is extra special, as 2 of my favorite artists are set to perform!

Artist No. 1:

pinoythinking.com
The City Hunter. Gu Jun Pyo. Lee Min Ho.

This handsome Korean will be at the Araneta Coliseum on November 16, 2012, courtesy of Bench. Invite is free. All you have to do is purchase some Bench items:


INVITE MINIMUM PURCHASE REQUIREMENT
PATRON PHP 1,500.00
LOWER BOX PHP 1,000.00
UPPER BOX A PHP 800.00
UPPER BOX B PHP 500.00


Click/copy the link for promo mechanics in detail:  
http://www.bench.com.ph/news.php?benchsetter-fun-meet-lee-min-ho=62

Artist No. 2:


Ely Buendia, the lead singer of the bands Eraserheads and Pupil, in a rare performance with a 15-piece orchestra on November 17, 2012 at the Music Museum.

*Jumping up and down*. I just love Ely Buendia! I love him most during his time as the front man of the Eraserheads. He is one of the brilliant composers I know, with music that's swak na swak to my liking.

The last time I saw Ely perform live was during his birthday show in Republiq, Resorts World way back in 2010. He turned 40 then, and celebrated his day with a mini-reunion show with the rest of the E-heads members.

Ely is XL. Taken during his birthday show.
 I'm a fan! Always will be...



I have all the albums of the Eraserheads. Never a day goes by that I don't play any of their songs.  I was in high school when this band was introduced, and until now, I never grew tired of them.

Their songs are the theme songs ng buhay ko =) 
 
Cheerios!



2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha..well said..music rules!! your life..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to do another "Overdrive" with you next year! =)

      Delete