Monday, January 09, 2012

Achooo!

Third day at work this new year and I caught the flu bug. Dang. My throat was itchy, my nose was running, and I had a splitting headache. After rejoicing from getting that healthy glow, bigla uli akong nalanta, parang pechay lang.

The reason? The office airconditioning unit that fully blasted directly at my working desk.

I am a lamigin person, hence I prefer the heat. My apartment is not equipped with an aircon, buhay pa naman ako hanggang ngayon. An electric fan is good enough for me.

yang aircon na yan ang may sala!

Everytime I ask the guard to lower the temperature of the aircon, the ladies from the two nearby departments will subsequently call the guard to increase the temperature! Their departments are warmer compared to ours.

I still have to wear jacket over my long-sleeves or knitted sweater. It is really that C-O-L-D.

There are 3 solutions on hand:

1)      Buy and replace the aircon. One that swings.
2)      Remove and transfer the aircon to somewhere else, to an area where people want to experience hypothermia.
3)      Build a wall to divert the flow of the air.

I want to transfer the position of my desk, to the area occupied by our book shelf and steel cabinet, but it was discouraged. The area is jinxed daw.



The lawyer who originally occupied the place died, and the subsequent lawyer got terribly sick for 2 weeks (unknown reason).

So I am stuck in my place.

 I am going to make a lot of noise. I want to be so far away from the freaking aircon.

Achoooo.


********************************

I went back to work today, after 2 days of sick leave. Changes/repairs will have to be made re the aircon according to our VP. Alleluia!

During my sickness, I only had oatmeal and fruits as comfort food.




My temperature went up, 38.9! My taste buds went numb. I couldn't taste a thing, I just actually forced myself to eat.  

Last Friday, I summoned the gods to give me strength... to go out and have a real meal. So, I went to the nearest Max's....in my Travelling Dress!

my SECOND time to wear the Travelling Dress



Had the Basic Meal and Crab Soup.

I got hungry again by midnight, and craved for sinigang. I went to Aristocrat:

yummy sinigang!

And I was still wearing my Travelling Dress =)



The best cake in the house is Torta De Los Reyes!

melts in your mouth =)


To cap the night, I dropped by Quiapo Church for the Black Nazarene.


I went back to see the Black Nazarene on the eve of its feast. It was displayed Sunday night at the Quirino Grandstand.

Long queue all the way to Roxas Boulevard.




The closest I could get...


Viva Nazareno!

Stay healthy, everyone.

Sa panahon ngayon, bawal magkasakit.


2 comments: