Wednesday, January 04, 2012

The Travelling Dress

I am fond of dresses, whether long or short, floral or plain…name it, I have them in all sorts inside my little closet. Other than it’s easy to wash and wear, I feel more feminine (which I really like) and more graceful whenever I wear a dress.

While shopping, I found a dress that made me decide to buy it, even without trying it on first. In other words, it was love at first sight! This is very rare, as I always fit a dress before purchase.


paisley printed

It’s a maxi dress, which I wore during our New Year’s party.

with my pamangkin, Yeco
And so, to spice up my 2012, I decided to wear this dress 100 times this year. Hahaha, yes, I know its crazy (and I am crazy!), but I am going to do it. I will wear this dress in 100 different places and occasions. I will document it, whenever I can, and share with you my journey with the Travelling Dress.

I hope this dress is durable enough to endure 100 washings, hahaha.

Come on, it’s almost the end of the world. It’s time to do something crazy. And stupid.


the Travelling Dress



*********************************


How did you welcome 2012?

In Davao, fireworks/firecrackers were banned for almost 10 years now. Since then, torotot had been our source of noise, and aluminum trays that we bang on the walls to drive away the negative spirits. Very primitive, I know. But Davaoenos get to welcome the new year accident-free, and with complete 10 fingers. Plus it means holiday for doctors and nurses as casualties are nil.

Others get in their cars to honk the horn incessantly, while some drive around with tin cans attached to their vehicle. Again, very primitive hahaha.

We got used to it eventually. When the ban was first implemented, a lot of eyebrows from the people were raised. But the Mayor was stiff, strict implementation with no exceptions was enforced.

Anyway, after blowing away the torotot, we had Media Noche together as family.



My favorite heart-stopper: LECHON!
Shrimps and macaroni salad made by Mom:





Spaghetti of my Tita Fe:



And a lot more!

kinilaw


beef with mushroom


fried chicken

Our celebration ended at 6am! And slept the whole day of January 1.

my Mom and cousins

From my family to yours, have a blessed 2012!


2 comments:

  1. hi maya girl. i feel sad i was not able to visit you last month. i was so busy that by jan. 01 i could barely get up, as in nagkasakit ako.

    i love the dress. you could also blog everytime you wear the dress differently. like you can use it with cardigan, or with an inner shirt or as a blouse. suggestion lang.

    have fun in 2012. get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi maya girl. i feel sad i was not able to visit you last month. i was so busy that by jan. 01 i could barely get up, as in nagkasakit ako.

    i love the dress. you could also blog everytime you wear the dress differently. like you can use it with cardigan, or with an inner shirt or as a blouse. suggestion lang.

    have fun in 2012. get well soon.

    ReplyDelete