Wednesday, February 01, 2012

I Have a Bunion


According to Wikipedia, a bunion is a deformity of the great toe. It is used to refer to the pathological bump on the side of the great toe joint. Just like this:

Source: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institute of Health

Bunions commonly affect women. They say it is triggered by tight-fitting shoes and high-heels. However, there is no study to medically support such. The causes are still unknown. Blame genetics if you have one.

My feet ache after a long walk, in closed shoes. My shoes seem to explode because of the throbbing pain. That’s why I prefer sandals or flipflops whenever I go out, to allow my feet to “breathe”.

After hours of wearing shoes, my bunion turns red and swollen.

I pity my shoes. It gets deformed too. The side of the shoe where my bunion is located is often torn or wrinkled. Ugliness.


My bunion






Surgery is an option, but no way, jose!

I’m just glad it’s not gout =)








No comments:

Post a Comment