Monday, February 06, 2012

Trip to the Zoo


When was the last time you went to the zoo? I just did, after 6 long years.



I remember my first trip to Manila (I was in grade 4 then), and my first trip to the Zoo. It was like a heaven-sent experience for me. During that time, Davao City has no zoo to boast of. Though we have the Philippine Eagle Center and Gap Farm, the animals there were not really extraordinary.

Seeing animals you know only in books, then seeing it live, was a whole new experience for me. We all know what a lion looks like, but seeing one was totally different. So just imagine my elation when I saw an elephant for the very first time =)

The last time I was here was in 2005 with my friends from Xavier.

It was a weekday, meaning only few people were around. We went boating. I remember the water was covered in green because of the moss and lilies. Like it was untouched for eons of ages. But now, it looked like this:





And since I went on a weekend, ang daming tao:



The first animal that greeted me was the elephant!





Buhay pa pala sya. Or is it a different elephant? I used to argue with AM before that may elephant pa sa Manila Zoo, but he kept on saying wala na. It died of old age. Ayan oh!

I went around, and saw these creatures:


Cassowary, an Australian bird. It is the world’s most dangerous bird according to Guinness Book of Records. If it thinks you’re a threat you could receive a bone-breaking kick or get sliced by its dagger-like sharp claws.

A brown zebra. Di ata pinaliguan kaya brown.



Hippopotamus. After the elephant and rhinoceros, the hippopotamus is the third largest land mammal.


At marami pang iba


Rabbit
Monkey


Philippine Deer

Civet Cat
Tiger

I forgot how huge the place is. Napagod din ako sa kakaikot.

If you’re a parent, you can leave your children in the playground.







Or treat them to the Kinder Zoo.


Where they can learn, touch and have their pictures taken with the friendly animals in the zoo. They can also do zip line, wall climb or ride the wooden bicycles.

Or you may let your kids ride a horse.




Syempre, I wore my Travelling Dress, for the 5th time =)



For a 40p entrance fee, the zoo is worth visiting.

Happy frolicking!












3 comments:

  1. Duh, AM is unnecessary in this post! hahaha..
    Pretty travelling dress, just give it to me after wearing it the 100th time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you always make me laugh! hahahaha

      sure, i'll give it to you. if its still wearable ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this Maya. I will definitely be putting a trip to Manila Zoo should our summer trip to the capital pushes through. I've been there only once, I was twelve. I don't remember much, except for the smell. =)

    ReplyDelete