Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rooting for Azkals


This is a belated post.

I had been rooting for Azkals for so long, until their last game with Kuwait. Hahaha…bitter much.

I almost gave up on watching the game. The first day the tickets went on sale, sold out agad by noon. My cousin had been teasing me that they have tickets from Dan Palami, team manager of Azkals. I was green with envy.

Anyway, July 28 came. Still no ticket. I was okay. Until a friend tweeted that Phil Younghusband is giving away 6 tickets, and she mentioned my name. Naku, the news literally rocked my world. No matter how I stalk and tweet Phil, it was way impossible pa rin to get tickets from him.

Then good news came by 4pm. My cousin got an extra ticket for me!

I rushed home after work. Because this came as a surprise, my camera had only 25mins of battery life left and my Ipad was batt empty. My gulay. I didn’t have time to charge the batteries as the game will start at exactly 7pm.

The queue was long. We started milling just under the Vito Cruz LRT station until we reached the Rizal Stadium. Students with painted faces, children in football tops, foreigners, grandparents, couples and employees in office attires were all there.

Business was booming. Souvenir shirts, hats, fans, keychains, badges and baller id’s were sold on the sidewalk.

I got this, for only Php150.00. 



It’s yellow and not really nice, hehehe. I wanted it in blue but the small sizes were no longer available.

Inside the stadium…WILD!

Azkals in white.

Too much Kuwaiti drama.


Hundreds of fans flocked the stadium.
My cousin, Nice.

When Shrock made a goal, pandemonium!
Sorry for the blurry pic, as I was screaming with joy here.
And then it started to rain.

People came prepared, and stayed.

Colorful raincoats.

Though Kuwaiti won the game (3-1), the Pinoys were still cheering for the Azkals as they circled and marched around the field.


We didn't leave in tears. It was a wonderful game, a wonderful moment. And I had a photo with one of my favorite PBA players who watched the game:

Dondon Hontiveros and his Ipad.

Until your next game, Azkals!

*******************************************

Some tips to remember when watching a game:

1.) Umbrellas are not allowed inside the stadium. Yes, you will be required to leave them at the gate. No claim tags. Though upon leaving, you can get any umbrella as a replacement =)

2.) Bring a raincoat, especially if you're on the bleachers side. Unless you want to get wet when it rains. Disposable raincoats are sold just outside the stadium for php150.00.

3.) Food and drinks are not allowed. You will never get hungry inside as there are a lot of vendors selling burgers, hotdogs, chips and drinks.



2 comments:

  1. Sobrang nakaka-high talaga nung naka-goal tayo. Imagine, we had four of that moment during the game with Sri Lanka. Just to have that feeling again--of being so proud of your team--I'm willing to watch every game of Azkals. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun reading your blog. Sayang ndi sila nanalo. As you said, until the next game.

    ReplyDelete