Monday, May 21, 2012

Amazing Show

I’ve always wanted to watch the Amazing Show, mainly because I have never been to the Manila Film Center =).



I booked a ticket and finally set foot on the national building. The Film Center is located at the southwest end of the Cultural Center of the Philippines complex in Pasay City. I have heard horror stories and controversies of its construction, specifically when its scaffolding collapsed, and at least 169 workers fell and were buried under quick-drying wet cement (wiki).

I’ll try to visit the place again during day time to take pictures. The architecture is very nice, worthy of a separate post.

Anyway, the Amazing Show has been on stage for so long. It is live nightly from Tuesday to Sunday, 8:00pm. The show is accredited by the Department of Tourism, to provide world class entertainment for the benefit of both foreign and local tourists in the Philippines.

Inside the lobby, you will be greeted with these displays:







The Amazing Show is known as the Philippines’ Premiere Theatrical Family Show were the performers are all pretty (mostly transgenders). It showcases different world cultures, letting the audience experience a world class pinoy entertainment.

Here are snippets of the show:

Dream Girls as opening number.
Ala GMA Supershow =)

Funniest production! This performer can do face contortions.

Phantom of the Opera.

Moulin Rouge.

Dancing in white ensemble.

There was Doble Kara, too!




Korean Traditional Fan Dance:



To my delight, they danced "Nobody But You" (hahaha, remembering my group's dance number way back 2009).


Dragon Dance.

Marilyn Monroe

Philippine Traditional Dances.

And many, many more!



At the end of the show, you can have can your souvenir photos taken with the performers.
 

The show was for an hour and ten minutes. I had a nice time. Of course, I wore my Traveling Dress (for the 15th time!).


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment