Saturday, June 09, 2012

It's June!


Time flies so fast, it’s mid-year already. I can still remember our New Year Party back home as we ushered 2012, parang kelan lang, six months ago na pala. History na.

June. Wedding month. I attended one recently, the wedding of the original love team of our class: Ineng and Isbong. They were together for 11 long years, no break ups in between. Solid talaga. Their secret: LIQUOR! Lol. From classmates to barkada, from best friends to drinking buddies. Yes, they both drink a lot (day or night, day and night), any liquor, name it.
Isbong and Ineng
I had my first taste of Tanduay because of Isbong, and my first taste of Hombre because of Ineng. Oh well, we were students then, Tanduay and Hombre were the best drinks to get drunk right away without spending so much. Para lang naman kaming umiinom ng gas.

We tried all the flavors of lambanog. We also had Gin pomelo, Boracay mix (gin/tanduay with Milo and milk), Red Horse and eventually mellowed down and had San Mig Light. But all those years we spent in law school, not a week passed without having an inuman session (except exam week of course). It was a habit that brought us all closer together.

Fast forward, 2 June 2012, the lovebirds got married. I packed my bags and flew home to witness the contract signing *lol*.

Right before the ceremony, with the groom.

The beautiful banana-eating bride.

The wedding ceremony took place at the Redemptorist Church. One of my favorite churches in Davao, as it used to be our parish.

L-R: Annamae, Tartar and Carol

The 2 guys are Kim (white polo) and Walter. The lady in black is my sugar, JJ.
Since we haven't been together for a long time, picture-taking was non-stop.

I just love this group =)

Friends for over a decade now.

There were too many cameras, as usual. Same scene photos were taken, in different angles *lol.


After the ceremony.




Reception followed at Davao Convention and Trade Center (DAVCON), where the bride wore another beautiful dress.


I hosted the party with good friend, Bret. Actually, Bret did all the talking, and I just affirmed everything he said *lol*. 


The wedding hosts with the bride. Good times!

With Pepper, daughter of Sugar.

With Sugar and Annamae.
Looks like I'm not wearing anything here =)


For special events like this, most friends are always in attendance. It unites us together again. We were laughing all night long, I felt like my intestines were to pop out.


Good times!


P.S


Since it's a wedding month, I'll be featuring weddings that I attended recently or few years back. I'll just have to collate the pictures starting tonight.


*************************
I do not own the pictures. I grabbed them from Ineng, Kimoy, Annamae and Sugar. Thanks, guys!

3 comments: