Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rommel and Geng


And so my two dear friends tied the knot last November. I was a Julie Tearjerky all throughout the ceremony. I don’t know, weddings really make me cry. It is out of sheer gladness. More than laughter, crying is my ultimate outlet for expression of joy =)

I am not bipolar. Just saying.

It was a Christian wedding, held in Fernbrook Gardens, officiated by Pastor Jobi.



Rommel and Geng were each given an opportunity to thank their parents and share their journey to Christianity.



Among AM’s friends, I am closest to these two. I spent almost all my weekends with them, attended parties together, went to places outside Manila, spent summers together and I personally got to know each member of their families and their other friends.


During our trip to Baguio, with Rommel's dad.

During a party in Palanca.
 
Rommel's surprise birthday party in Posadas.

While waiting for our flight to Boracay.

Finishing a bottle of Patron without getting drunk *lol*

Crazy weekend in Matabungkay.
with Geng's family

Fact: I did not instantly hit off with Geng the first time we met, but because of this trip, everything changed.

Boracay in 2009

Rommel is like a brother to AM. They’ve been friends since forever.

AM was the Best Man.


Rommel & Geng got a beautiful love story. They have been together for 11 years, with a 4-year break in between. 4 years! Loud and clear….4 years! They literally grew old together *LOL*.

I was a little sad that I missed all the preparations, the hustle and bustle, including the Bachelorette’s Party. Had I been totally free at that time, I could have danced with the stripper! Hahaha.

The wedding day was lovely. The sun was out and the birds were humming and flying over us. It was even lovelier with the presence of our dearest friends.

Rei, Arni and Abel.

The very pregnant Jasmin, Cla and Arni.

Mr. and Mrs. Constantino

I was the cord sponsor. It was an honor indeed. The entourage were all family and relatives, the Best Man and I were the only "strangers".


What is happiness?!

The Rosello family.

The Balancio family.


The secondary sponsors.

I was crying the entire ceremony. Really crying. Thank God for waterproof mascara!

It felt like losing a great friend, when in fact I know I wouldn't lose either ever.

Concrete evidence, hehehe

The reception was fun. I was in a party mood despite the crying part.

Don't mistake this as a wacky shot. We are normally like this *lol*


I was around 92lbs that time. My arms!!!

Friends since grade school ;)

Good times!
To find one true love is not easy. The road may be crooked at times, but if you're meant to be with someone, the universe will conspire to bring you together. I'm glad these two found each other. It was meant to be.

Check out the shoes of the groom =)
I love you both! I pray for your perpetual bliss, undying support for each other, mutual respect and everlasting love.


Cheers to friendship and beyond!


******************************************
I do not own most wedding photos. Some I grabbed from Geng
and the groom-to-be Marcial. Thanks!






2 comments:

  1. Very well-written, Maya Bird!

    But Rei and I know why you were really crying! Caught on cam pa! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha.....sssshhhhh :)

      your wedding ill feature last. ang hirap magsulat, too much emotions involved!

      Delete