Monday, June 11, 2012

Sundate


It really is good to be home. Being with family, sleeping on my own bed, home-cooked meals and hearing my nephew talk incessantly are some moments that I take pleasure on. Though I sometimes feel like a “guest” in my own city, such irrelevant feeling fades the moment I see my Mom and Dad. They are my constant reminders that I belong in Davao City…that the city will always be my home.

A lot of us came home to Davao to attend the wedding of Ineng and Isbong. Sans distance and time, we remained friends until today. This type of friends whom I never get to see often, but when we meet up, it’s like we never grew apart.

Blast from the past =)
 
After a siomai feast with my mom and nephew, I went to Abreeza to meet my pals.

My mom and Yeco.

How lucky today’s generation to have such a beautiful mall, Ayala at that. Back then, we only had Victoria Plaza (the first mall that opened when I was in highschool), NCCC (right in the heart of Chinatown), Felcris (for imported items) and JS Gaisano (which burned down several times). Later additions were GMall and SM.


The first Starbucks in Davao opened only last year, right here in Abreeza Mall.

Pretending to be tourists, we took pictures everywhere! And when we saw a picture wall, click-click away….

With Anna Mae and Bret.

Walter took our pictures. He didn’t join us as it was embarrassing daw *lol*.


With Walter, taken over a decade ago *lol*

I bumped into Nelcci, whom I haven’t seen for years. We were schoolmates and became officemates for a short, short time.

Nice to see you!

We had a hard time deciding where to eat dinner because there were too many choices. And unfortunately, the restaurants that were recommended by Chona were overflowing with people. Ending: Seafood Island.




Service was good. Food was good. Company was good.

The lady in yellow is Chona. Walter in white.

Kinilaw and pinakbet.

Chicharong bulaklak and pork sisig.

We decided to watch Men In Black III after. It was my first time to try the cinema of Abreeza. It’s small pala. So wherever you sit, the screen is THIS huge, smacked right in your face. And oh, ticket was only 130php. Ka-barato jud.



After calling it a night, Chona drove us home (thanks, dear!). We have to be up early for a breakfast date the following day.




4 comments:

  1. we were exquisitely tanned in the first picture! yan yung after tau nagbabad sa pool ng felis resort with jm. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember that..swimming with JM? Felis? hahaha memory gap. I'll check, there might be pictures.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We should do a yearly convention... you know, go somewhere new, just to chill, eat and talk..

      Delete