Friday, March 02, 2012

Avril Lavigne



I had a nice time watching Avril Lavigne perfom live last 16 February (I know, this post is looong overdue) at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. The ticket was pricey, for such a short show. I’m a fan, but the ticket was really exorbitant. I try not to think about it anymore, but really, I paid so much!
 
Fortunately, she played most of my favorite songs. I was hoping she will sing “WHY”. Failed.

Young as she is, naturally the crowd was young as well.


Daming tao!





The show started on time, with Somedaydream as front act. They performed their most famous single "Hey Daydreamer".  I didn’t even know that such was the title of the song until the famous line “you and me, sitting on a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g...” was played. Yes, from the Cornetto commercial.

SOMEDAYDREAM

Then it went totally dark. All you can see were the neon sticks waved by the crowd. It was cute. I didn’t buy one for myself. Mahalia. 




 And out came the petite girl, singing Skaterboy.




She literally rocked the big dome! Everyone was singing, jumping and screaming!


Maybe she couldn't believe that she has a huge following in the Philippines, so she said " Oh my God, Manila, you are so amazing! I'm from Canada, thank you for listening to my music all the way from here!".


She was very energetic, jumping up and down the stage. And the crowd was joyous. The screams were deafening. Mapapakanta ka talaga with her.

When I reached home, the noise was still echoing in my ears. In fact, my ears hurt. Not used to so much noise already.

Again, it was a great show. But too expensive.





No comments:

Post a Comment