Friday, March 23, 2012

Magnum Craze


Yes, there’s a craze, caused by this ice cream from Selecta. The Magnum ice cream bar has been trending on Twitter for days since it was launched last February. Everybody’s raving about it. Those who tried it took photos and posted them via Instagram and Twitter.

In the Philippines, 3 flavors were introduced: Classic, Almond and Chocolate Truffle. Priced at Php50.00, it came expensive for me. But I gotta try it, with all the media frenzy, I have to find out the fuss.

istorya.net 


I must admit, I’m not into ice cream bars. I only go for Dilly Bar of Dairy Queen. I still love the regular ice cream, without the chocolate coating.

Magnum has been described as a “gourmet ice cream”, coated with Belgian chocolate that’s been formulated to crack into desirable shards to reveal a generous bar of vanilla or chocolate ice cream. With such description, my mouth watered right away.


yahoo.com


Hands down, the chocolate coating is really yummy! Very chocolatey (imported talaga ang peg).But it is expensive. The locally made Pinipig Crunch and Cornetto may not have the same chocolate formulation with Magnum, but it is also yummy…and very affordable.



To top it all, Magnum is being endorsed by high society’s A-list names. Thus, making the ice cream bar more elite, so they say.  But for me, it’s just another ice cream bar.

Magnum Ambassadors: Raymond Gutierrez, Liz Uy, Solenn Heussaff, Tessa Prieto-Valdez and Erwan Heussaff. Phot taken from lifestyle.inquirer.net
Magnum is available in all 711 stores. It’s a best seller, chances are you may not be able to buy one. Laging sold out daw.

Ruffa Gutierrez tweeted: If you don’t know what magnum is or have never tried it, you aint COOL

Duh?!

For another 45 bucks, I’d rather have a medium wintermelon milk tea from Serenitea =)

Trying Magnum, in my Traveling Dress (wearing it for the 9th time)


No comments:

Post a Comment