Monday, March 19, 2012

Sbarro Chowdown Challenge


Okay, I didn’t take the challenge, but my cousin did. I don’t know what got into her, she wanted to try it, and was really super sure that she could gobble the whole pizza of Sbarro in 6 to 7 minutes.

My cousin, Nice.

Until 15 April 2012, the Challenge is open to all, daily, anytime (walk-in) in SM MOA and MegaMall branches of Sbarro. The mechanics? Simply finish an entire white cheese pizza in 15 minutes. Otherwise, pay the cost of the pizza (with a pitcher of iced tea).

Sbarro's white cheese pizza


Can you finish this off in 15 minutes?!

My cousin is a food lover. She cooks pretty well, given that she’s an HRM major. She eats while cooking. She eats while doing chores. She eats all the time! I often invite her to dinners with me. I tend to order a lot, but she finishes them off without much effort.

The family's future chef =)
After a short briefing and reading the mechanics, she was asked to sign a waiver.

Signing the waiver.

 And the timer was set! 

She wants 'em hot!

First bite.


The staff of Sbarro documenting the Chowdown.

Just finished 2 slices.

Eating the 3rd slice.
After 15 minutes, Nice was able to finish 3 slices out of 6. Awwww.... "A" for effort.

It is "something" to finish off 3 slices in 15 minutes.

She got the badge for trying:



 And paid Php551.00! =)


As of March 16, there were already 3 record holders (SM MOA Branch). All male. The best time is 10+ minutes. All record holders will compete after April 15, and the winner will get to appear and do a face-off on TLC's Man Vs. Food.

Wearing my Traveling Dress for the 8th time =)

I am betting someone from the office who can possibly win the challenge. I am still in the process of convincing her.


Guess sino?



Or my good friend, Armand:





I am willing to risk my Php551 for them =)


 

1 comment:

  1. di ako kasali sa choices ha? hihihihi... pang tira tira lang ako eh.... ayaw ko ng di bawas! :)

    ReplyDelete