Monday, April 30, 2012

The Boss


Today is the last working day of my boss. I have been under him for only 13 months, and yet I had learned a lot from him.



There were only 3 of us in the Legal Department. However, Atty. Donna resigned last January to join her husband in Australia. Then today, Atty. Ram is saying goodbye to work, and hello to retirement.

Send off for Atty. Donna (standing)
He had been with PCFC for over 10 years, and just before a month he turned 60, he decided to retire and enjoy life as a senior citizen (this was the news he gave me when I got back from my Christmas vacation).

During last year's PCFC's anniversary celebration.

I admit, I supported his decision. I actually encouraged him, because I had seen him work like a horse during the short time I was with him. He brings home paper works, and his weekends are often spent going over them. His table is always full of documents, but at the end of the day, all these are returned with his legal opinion/recommendation. He doesn’t want these documents to sleep long on his table. One work ethic that I admire the most.

Atty. Ram's 60th birthday celebration.

When the news went out regarding his retirement, our once quiet little nook was often flocked with people encouraging him to reconsider. My day isn’t complete without hearing the voices of these co-workers, especially Sir Randy (he drops by every morning!).

Last week's "surprise" Thank You celebration for Atty. Ram


Thank you AMD for organizing the event.

A caricature signed by all the employees handed by Ms. Jenny

The day has finally come.

Atty. Ram's angels in red.


Thank you, Atty. Ram.

Remember, when you retire, you switch bosses --- from the one who hired you to the one who married you.

Happy retirement!

Please drop by anytime, whenever you can....for ice cream!


Hope you enjoyed our little surprise... 





************************************************

behind the scenes:

 






No comments:

Post a Comment