Thursday, April 12, 2012

Moving Out & Moving In

Haynaku. January had been tortuous. Packing my stuff, transferring them from the 2nd floor to the 4th floor, unpacking naman, then arranging them. Yes, I moved out from my Red Unit, to a Yellow Unit, same building though. Time for a change. I had been inhabiting the place for 3 years. The place grew old, the paint faded, and the mats were ripped. It was breathing of “used and abused” aura.

Actually, after a year of staying in the Red Unit, I had been contemplating of moving out. Move out to a bigger place, be it a house or apartment. But all efforts failed. It is so difficult to find a place that’s perfect for my taste. There’s also the issue on security that I have to consider.

3 years had passed. Still found myself going home to the Red Unit. But last January, I was determined to move out. I have to have a new home.

Unfortunately, I had no time to look around. Though there were several recommendations, none of them passed my specifications.

Until a unit was vacated on the 4th floor. That was my only choice.

Horror of all horrors, I accumulated soooo many stuff. Sumakit ang ulo ko! I threw away the useless stuff, disposed defective items (storage is really a problem in studio units), and gave away the pinaglumaan (clothes, shoes, canisters, etc.). Funny, I even gave out my old office uniform, hehehe. Space is that precious.

February, and I’ve finally settled in! Yahooo. Since I threw most of my old stuff, I found myself buying things to replace the old ones (from pot holders to Tupperwares). And I replaced my defective kitchen aides (rice cooker and electric kettle), my DVD player, and my flat iron. No regrets, all these items served me well (for almost 5 years).

Thanks to my donor. Got a TV now (after almost a year!) and an aircon =)

I like my new place. The ceiling is higher. The yellow walls are refreshing to the eyes. The windows are designed differently. Basta, I like it.

March, the owner of the building started its expansion. It was always chaotic during night time, I could often hear steels banging above when they haul it. And when it rained one weekend, my ceiling was producing waterfalls! 




It’s April now…time flew so fast. I have to unload some stuff again. Out with the old, in with the new.

Needless to say, I’m finally home =)



Viverde Lofts
Pasay City

No comments:

Post a Comment