Thursday, April 26, 2012

Enchanted Kingdom

We went to EK one lazy Sunday afternoon. We braved the summer heat.

I always enjoy carnival rides. Back home, I can only enjoy the rides during fiestas, my school’s Foundation Day, Kadayawan and Araw ng Dabaw. I grew up trying all the rides in the perya. They were simple rides, but enough to scare the wits out of me. My usual favorites then were Caterpillar, Ferris Wheel and Octopus. Today, you cannot convince me anymore to take these rides. I get dizzy! I wonder why I so enjoyed them before.

Anyway, if I treat myself to get dizzy, might as well try rides that are totally grand and different.

Enter, Extreme Tower Ride.


I decided not to ride this ever, but my cousins bullied me. Weak as I am, I gave in.

For 80 bucks, it was sooo worth it. It was pretty quick, too quick to even have a heart attack. Actually, what’s scarier for me is the motion going up. You can actually see the entire field and beyond! And to think I’m really, really afraid of heights.

Then without any warning, we dropped down. I couldn’t feel my legs! I just screamed. Then it was over. Hahaha. I wanted to do it again (yabang!).


The other rides we took were friendly (read: for the faint-hearted). We did Anchors Away. I took the first row seat, while my companions took the back seats. They love the squishy feeling in the tummy whenever the anchor sways. This is my Mom’s favorite ride (*wink*).

They were really enjoying, while I was praying for it to end right away, hahaha.


The Flying Fiesta, which we rode twice:


While we were having snacks, we were entertained by this couple:

I think her bones were made of rubber.

She's going to get that rose by bending...

....and bending...

Perfect!!!

Here’s the Ferris Wheel:


We watched 4D. The film shown was about Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner.


Then watched Journey to the Center of the Earth in Rialto.


We did Laser Mission. I almost landed a top spot! I broke 3 lasers though, but finished the maze at 119.5.



I had a great time doing this. Inside the dark room is a maze with crisscrossed laser beams. These beams must not be hit/touched, otherwise it will speed up your time. Two buttons are located on opposite sides of the room that must be pressed to finish the game.


So I did a lot of bending and crawling ala Catherine Zeta-Jones in Zorro.



Too bad the Space Shuttle was closed temporarily for maintenance when we decided to go for it. I took this ride only once, and that was years ago. And I was younger and more daring then.

We really got wet in Rio Grande Rapids. As in head to toe. I walked away with my shoes squishing.


 A place like this can make me feel like a kid again. A place where I can put my fears aside and take risks.

Taking risks is sometimes good. All you need is a little push and support. And lots of hug after.

The EK is now open daily until 9pm. Weekend/holiday rate is P500.00, weekday rate is P400.00.

Have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment