Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Flip Flops

I love slippers. It's comfy and soft on my feet. Back in 2005 when Havaianas was the "in" thing, I had them in various colors with my housemates.It was our basic footwear, rain or shine...wore them in all places...malls, restos, schools and in parties. 

And then it eventually became just our house slippers, hehehehe. 

To date, people still line up for Havaianas. I find it nice that Havaianas innovate its style and colors, in keeping with the demands of its market. Young or old, I bet my foot, surely has a pair of this expensive slippers.

Last weekend, I went to my first Make Your Own Havaianas (MYOH) event.




Oh well, it's summer...I might as well get new slippers...and have it the way I really want it.
Free Coke Zero for everyone. Refreshing!







I was given this form to fill out, where I can choose the size, sole, straps, colors, charms and pins.


You can go around the area and actually scroll over the choices, if you're having doubts on what color to combine the sole and strap.




A lever is provided in all the glass encasings for you to roll over the choices.

Some of the pins you can choose from.
The afternoon crowd at the pre-selection area.

The making of slippers is on the other tent (thank God its airconditioned!). So after selection, the other tent will be the next destination (by batch).

The waiting area.
Inside, where your slippers will be made:

So many people buying slippers!.....

....under one roof!

You can buy as many as you want. No limit.


My line, because I bought only a pair.

Huge crowd indeed.

I chose a navy blue sole, and thin hot pink straps (Php895). Plus the Harajuku Doll pin (Php100). The proceeds of the doll pins will be donated by Havaianas to the survivors of the Japan earthquake through the Philippine Red Cross. See, I'm a wise shopper after all. I buy things for a cause, hahahaha.

The finished product:

Simple. Yet lovely =)


I love the pin!

Because I used my Citibank card to pay for my purchase, I got 10% discount. Sweet deal.

The shopping bag. It comes with a bag tag! Cute.

I enjoyed the craze. I will definitely have another MYOH!

No comments:

Post a Comment