Saturday, May 07, 2011

Pampering

I had an I-Love-Myself day. I wish I could have it everyday. It was fun pampering myself after a long, long time.

First stop: haircut. My friends had been pestering me for weeks for a haircut. After I lost 17 lbs, they all felt my hair look heavier and drier. I should have it styled.

I'm not really adventurous with haircuts because I have wavy bangs. I had always been wearing the same hairstyle. Just long, slashed or layered at times. The only time I had a total different look was when I had it really really short (boy's cut) waaay back college. I had the same cut with my Swing Out Sisters Pam and Kitty-Cat. That was the first and the last.


Glorietta branch

It was my first time to visit the Bench Fix Salon. I was planning to have a different (really different) hairstyle, so I might as well spend for that.



But I chickened out, hahaha. I was not prepared what style to have. So, I opted for the usual, LAYERED, hehehehe. Hmmmm....it didn't make any difference at all....though my hair felt lighter....I still look the same. Boooo... so much for an expensive haircut. Next time, i'll have a totally different cut. Promise.

Second stop: I bought myself a book.



Good thing this was available in paperback already. This was first released in hard bound, and I find it quite expensive. I love Sophie Kinsella, especially the Shopaholic series.I enjoy reading the misadventures of Becky Bloomwood (though I didn't enjoy the movie that much, even if it was produced by Jerry Bruckheimer).

All her books are funny. I have them all in paperback, except Remember Me.

Third stop: manicure and pedicure.



This is one thing I think I can't live without. This is one luxury I will never give up. This is one of my sources of joy. Call me mababaw, but I value really nice and clean nails. 

Nail Tropics is posh. Located at the 4th floor of Greenbelt 5.


Cool and relaxing atmosphere

And they got this really comfy seats, with fluffy pillows!

I dozed off here, hehehe




 My hands were soaked in warm water, with some pebbles on it, before the manicure. 



My feet were also soaked and scrubbed before pedicure. Heavenly!



Joan did my toe nails. She's got the lightest hands ever!


The shelf where you can choose you nail polish.



The results:




Lovely!  
Fourth stop: shopping!!!! As usual, I got myself some stuff from Forever 21. They were on sale!




 Truly, a perfect day!


P.S.

The ultimate I-Love-Myself day package arrived.




Perfectly perfect!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ey girl. I miss our I-Love-Myself Day every Wednesday. I should have mine soon. Way overdue.Grabe, BIG TIME PACKAGE ah !! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Plus the swimming day! Go, have one. We all deserve it. RE the package, ngayon lang yan. Never again, hahahaha. My lappy is ancient na rin kasi. Time to upgrade.

    ReplyDelete