Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Bon Chon & Banapple


When its pay day, the first best thing to do is eat out. And that’s what I exactly did with my dear officemates, Cindy and Tita Ruth.

I found myself back in Ayala Triangle. Our choice this time is Bon Chon Chicken, a franchise from Korea. Bon Chon’s specialty is fried chicken, twice-fried chicken to be exact. The first fry removes all the fat and makes it crisp, crunchy and less greasy. The second fry includes the secret sauce.  I am not fond of chicken. But lately I have been experimenting on other chicken dishes for me to like it. Fail.



I felt like being inside a cafeteria in Bon Chon. You have to endure the long queue for the taking of orders!

Any way, the food was reasonably priced. You can choose among the combo-meals, it comes with a drink, all below Php150.00.

Cindy and I had chicken wings.



Tita Ruth had chicken chops



You can choose either garlic soy or spicy. I had mine spicy, and it was REALLY spicy!

We also ordered calamares.



They used baby squid, so the cuts were so small. But it was tender. And the dip was spicy.

For a budget of Php180.00, this place is pretty decent for a meal. But I am not going back. I don’t feel like eating chicken anymore.

For dessert, we decided to go to Banapple. I’m so glad that it opened a branch in Makati. I am soooo into desserts. And I just love the cakes of Banapple!



Unfortunately, the place was packed. We were waiting to be seated, number 8. Too long a wait. Judging from the people around, all of them wouldn’t be done eating in 30 minutes or so. Hence we decided for a take out instead.



A lot of choices were lined up. Blueberry cheesecake, apple pie, tiramisu, caramel cheesecake….so confusing! But I finally decided to taste their new cake: Banana Starry-Berry Custard Cheesecake!


So sinful, yet heavenly!
Melts in your mouth...
Oh so yummy cake! At only Php110.00/slice, it was all so worth it. It's huge, you can share it with a friend. I swear, I'm going back for another slice!




No comments:

Post a Comment