Tuesday, April 26, 2011

No fasting


I did not fast last Holy Week. Actually, I don’t really fast. I have been claiming to be exempted from fasting because I was sickly when I was a child. My family doesn’t fast as well. We just avoid eating meat, but we eat normally.

I spent the holy days in Nueva Ecija…away from the busy streets and lights from Manila. It felt like being home in Davao because I experienced the same serenity and calmness when around with family at home.

The family of my good friend RB was very hospitable. Very warm and accommodating. This was the third time I visited the place. And I always bring home wonderful memories of home-cooked meals, warm breeze, funny conversations and sprawling fields of vegetation.



In the province, food is always abundant. From breakfast to dinner, there is always something to eat or drink. Fruits are plenteous. Coffee is alluring. Sleep is encouraging. Time is indolent.

I feasted on mangoes all through out my stay...


...that were freshly picked from the backyard.



We had lamb....

Lamb curry

Lamb adobo

 My all-time favorite: Taiwanese camote.

Best with Queensland Butter ;)

Tinola

Nothing beats native chicken


Mango shake

Our afternoon delight


Grilled bangus



Pancit and adobo




We picked sineguelas. It was my first time to actually see a sineguelas tree! hahahaha
 It's not a bushy tree pala, but branchy.


There were only few leaves. I don't know if that's the normal look.


We ate them on the spot, right after picking. Yum, yum. Happiness!


So, how did you spend your Holy Week?




1 comment: