Monday, March 28, 2011

Cheesiness!

Last week, I compiled my favorite movie quotes from my favorite foreign films. And capped it off with the Jolina-Marvin movie line, hehehe. Surprisingly, a lot of my friends have memorable quotes from Tagalog movies. Iba ang Pinoy, as they said.

In the name of cheesiness and emo mode, I came up with my own list of favorite quotes from Tagalog movies. Jologs na kung jologs, but I’m sure a lot of you could relate. I bet my foot that you have seen at least one movie on the list.

My top ten then:

1) “Mahal mo nga ako, pero di ko nakikita, di ko nararamdaman. Naririnig ko lang…”
-Labs Kita, Okay Ka Lang-



I was a fan of the Jolina-Marvin tandem. I dragged my friends to watch all their movies. This movie is my all time favorite. The cast, the setting, and the story were just perfect for my taste.

2) “Akala mo cute ka. Hindi ka cute, bobo ka!”
-Radio Romance-



Delivered by Gelli de Belen. When I’m annoyed, I often find myself using these lines.

3) “Mahal mo ba ako dahil kailangan mo ako — o kailangan mo ako kaya mahal mo ako?”
                                                            -Milan-




I can’t remember watching this movie. But I can always recall this dialogue based on the trailers.

4) Gusto ko magmahal ulit pero paano ko gagawin yun kung sa puso ko buhay na buhay ka pa.”                                                                    
-And I Love You So-



This movie made me cry. The pain of losing someone you love was just too much for me to bear.

5) “I don’t like the way you dress. I don’t like your make-up. But I love you.”
                                                            -Dahil Mahal na Mahal Kita-



Ohhh…those were the days. I was also a follower of the Rico-Claudine team up. This movie is worth watching over and over again.

6) “I didn’t even believe in forever… but I think I found forever in you … “
                                                            -Got to Believe-



This was an “always the bride’s maid, never the bride” type of movie. Loved it!

7) “Akin na lang sya. Hindi mo naman sya kailangan e. Ako, kailangan ko sya.”
                                                            -A Love Story-



Nice movie! Nice plot. Very unpredictable. I watched this on the big screen =)

8)  Siguro magaling ka sa puzzle, kasi kasisimula pa lang ng araw ko, nabuo mo na agad.”
-You Changed My Life-



This is probably the cheesiest on my list. Need I say more? Sarah-John Lloyd movies are always heartwarming.

9) “Kahit kailan hindi ko naisip na nakakapagod kang mahalin. Ngayon lang.”

“Wala na siguro akong mamahaling iba gaya ng pagmamahal ko sa iyo … And all my life I will regret the day that I lost you.”

“Buong buhay ko sinubukan ko mahalin ang sarili ko, nahirapan din ako … And I’m sorry if I didn’t love in the way at the time that you did … pero maniwala ka, maniwala kang minahal kita sa paraang alam ko …”
                                                            -A Very Special Love-



Sarah and JLC! Obviously, I’m a fan! Hahahahaha

10) "Gusto mo talagang malaman problema ko? nasasaktan ako..kahit alam kong wala na kong karapatan..dahil naisip kong ako naman ang may gusto nito..pero hanggang ngayon umaasa pa rin ako.. na sana ako pa rin.. sana ako na lang.. sana ako na lang ulit….."

She had me at my worst, you had me at my best, but you chose to break my heart

“Mahal kita…kahit ang sakit sakit na….”
                                                            -One More Chance-



This movie I guess got tons of unforgettable quotes. And the most quoted by friends.

Cheers to cheesiness!

Have a great week everyone.








3 comments:

  1. #10 parang may alam akong bagay yun line na yon...what do you think?! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been corrected by 3 friends: kang sonza, jackie gallego and kitty-cat cutler. The Radio Romance line was not delivered by Gelli de Belen but by Sharmaine Arnaiz =)

    ReplyDelete