Monday, March 21, 2011

Wee Nam Kee


One fine day, after work, Cindy and I decided to have dinner together. We went to Ayala Triangle, it being the most accessible from the office. Besides, we were trying to avoid mall restaurants for a change. We want some place new.


The Ayala Triangle is situated right at the heart of the Makati Central Business District. It is bordered by Ayala, Paseo and Makati Avenues. It is a garden with a strip of restaurants, nestled behind huge Makati buildings. The lush greens provided by the park are a welcome change against the concrete pavements of Makati. Moreso, the trees had a calming effect to our weary eyes.


Inside the garden, my favorite restaurants are lined up. There’s Kanin Club (which I frequent with my friends in Westgate), Amici (yummy pasta and pizza that I often share with AM in Don Bosco), Banapple (I only get to buy its pastries whenever we are in Quezon City, which is not often), Golden Spoon (yummy yogurt, just like White Hat) and Coffee Bean.



Other restaurants in the garden (that I haven’t tried yet) are Momo, Bon Chon, CBD, Bfast by Chef Laudico, Pho 24 and Omakase.

We ate at Wee Nam Kee, popular for its authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice from Singapore. The menu offers a variety of choices to suit one’s cravings. Since there were only the two of us, we just ordered two dishes. My choice was of course the Roasted Hainanese Chicken, while Cindy opted for the Beef with Broccoli.


I like my food hot. Or at least warm. The food had a feel that it was not especially prepared right after we ordered it. It tasted like it had been cooked beforehand. Hence, the insides of the meat were cold. But, the sauce was great (and warm), outshadowing the coldness of the meat.

Roasted Chicken


Beef with Broccoli


I had this refreshing lime juice afterwards.

Good. Not very sweet.


The prices of the food are reasonable. For the price we paid, it was all good.







2 comments:

  1. Yummy... Have you tried omakase? Love their makis. :) anyway, what was the rating of wee nam kee? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just good. Nothing great =). Some said Bon Chon is better with the Hainanese Chicken. That will be my next stop.

    I'll take note of Omakase. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete