Thursday, March 24, 2011

Potipot

The sun was up. The weather was warm. Everyone was ready for Potipot!



The boat was motorized so the ride was pretty quick. It was kinda expensive though for such a short ride, Php100.00 per head. In Davao, it's only Php8.00/head from port to Paradise Island =)



The water splashed over me several times. And I got giddy! Couldn't wait to swim.


As we were approaching the island, some huts were already visible. I was somewhat surprised because I thought it was similar to Anawangin Cove (so virgin, that no single structure was erected, not even a bathroom or toilet).


The water was crystal clear.



And this blue starfish welcomed me.

A lot of people were around. To travel this far, I am amazed that these people endured the long ride just to be here.

Just a few meters from the shore, we were asked to pay the entrance fee of Php100.00. No receipt was issued for that.

This tree house caught my eye. Lovely!



There were a lot of cottages for the beach bums. It’s not for free, it costs Php500.00 for a whole day’s use.


 There was even a public toilet.



Huge trees were scattered all over the island. I love it!


And more trees even just by the shore. Perfect!




It was the best time to be under the sun.



The best time to chill.


And the best time to swim.


The water was cool. And it got murky when we dipped, hahaha. There were too much weeds underneath, and some rocks too. We were always looking for the perfect spot.

I busied myself by collecting these:
I got this underwater with my bare hands.


But I wrapped my hands in plastic to catch the jellyfish.
 While Geng and Rommel were busy with their photo shoot...


...we played frisbee! Thanks for teaching me, Dinjo.



It was a fun day to be out in the sun with good friends. We all needed this little vacation.



Until our next trip, guys!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment