Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lucky One


I don’t like bills. I receive them monthly, and I always dread opening the envelopes.

I’m not surprised with my credit card bills, as I always keep track of my expenses. The utility bills are actually my source of agitation.

When I arrived home last Monday night, I stepped on my Meralco bill that was slipped under my door. I have been complaining about my electricity bill for the last part of 2010. I literally live in a closet, so small that I still get charged almost one grand every month by Meralco. I always call the Customer Service, detail my complaint, and annoy the agent. They always give me the same answer, to try turning off the breaker for 20 to 25 minutes, and check if the meter is turning. I’ve done it gazillion times! The meter doesn’t move when turned off. So it must be something else.

I have been complaining because it’s only the ref that’s actually running 24 hours. The lights and electric fan are only turned on at night when I’m home (that’s Sunday to Thursday nights). I seldom use my microwave oven and toaster. I have not been cooking anymore. And I don’t have an airconditioner.

I’m a lucky girl this time. My bill is:

ZERO!

I therefore conclude that there is something wrong with my electrical connection. I am filing another complaint. I’m also thinking of letting it pass =). It’s not ripping off Meralco, anyway they exorbitantly charged me before. Or is this just a reimbursement?!

2 comments: