Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Victory


Last Sunday, I attended another service with another Christian community, the Victory Christian Fellowship (VCF) in Fort, Taguig.

While in the car, my bestfriend’s 2-year old daughter, Violet, was all perky.

Mommy Pam: Can you sing the song of Lady Gaga?
Yaya Abby: Pokerpis.
Violet: Yaya, it’s not Pokerpis…it’s Pokerface…faaaaace….!!!

Hehehe…cute. And Yaya Abby just smiled.

We arrived in VCF’s main hall just in time for the service. Similar with my CCF experience, there was a live band on stage. It was also a happy place, filled with happy people.

The pastor talked about being Stressed Out. The story of David was retold and explained how David handled the situation when King Saul was hunting him down. David did not panic, instead he sought God. One of the ways he did this was surrounding himself with godly people; people who were loyal to him but more so to God. From this story, we can pick up three lessons in handling stressful situations the way David did.

·        Open yourself to the counsel of godly individuals.
·        Surround yourself with godly people.
·        Trust God to work His will in your life as you are obedient to Him.



Now, ask yourself, who do you run to for guidance during stressful situations?

The last two months had been hard for me. I got sick, and was not able to snap back right away. Loss of appetite, lack of enthusiasm, sadness, fear and panic gnawed my system. I get stress out with little things. I cry too much whenever I see/hear something sad. I don’t cleverly respond with whatever is asked from me. Everyone noticed it. I just shrugged it off.

Good thing my Mom was on vacation here in Manila. She helped me regain my life, my strength and my happiness. Friends were very supportive, too. My officemates were sweet, they made me eat even when I don’t feel like eating.

I am now slowly rising up…hopeful that every tomorrow will be lovelier than today.

Life is beautiful! Just like you and me. Don't get stressed. Relax...and enjoy life!  



P.S.
Ohhh, did I mention that I saw Claudine Barretto, Carmi Martin and Jackie Forster in VCF?! Pretty ladies =)




2 comments:

  1. Yes May, you will rise up and tomorrow will definitely be lovelier, more than you could ever ask or imagine. Just continue to trust God and let Him do the work.
    Join us again next time=)

    ReplyDelete