Friday, March 11, 2011

Chocolatey

Life is not about looking back
and wishing that today is the same
with the past. Life is about moving
on, accepting changes and looking
forward to what makes you stronger
& more complete...because it's
never too late to have a life & never
too late to change one.
                      -my mom-


For two straight nights now, I had been in a clean up mood. I intend to overhaul my life by getting rid of unwanted junk.

The other night, I washed my windows and floor. It was a relief. Getting rid of 4-month dust wasn’t easy. Every time I wash the sponge, the basin is soaked with black water. So dirty, it looked like midnight in Pasay City on the sink.

And then last night, I organized my closet. I had strewn clothes just about anywhere. I hang my dresses, folded away my shirts and arranged my coats. I threw old bills and receipts, flyers, expired travel promos and rewards catalogue.

I cleaned my microwave oven and toaster. Both were dusty as I had not been using them since August 2010. I stopped cooking that month when I ran out of gas for my stove. I live alone, so I didn’t rush to order a new tank. Then I realized it’s cheaper to eat out, than cook for one. Not to mention it’s tiresome and tedious. Since then, I only eat bread for dinner. Or most of the time, no dinner at all.

Last mission: the cupboard. I couldn’t believe I never stored anything healthy! Well, except for milk. All the rest were laden with calories, fats, msg and preservatives.

I looove cookies! It's my usual midnight snack.


I'm not alone. I'm sure you all have this in your cupboard. 



Plus, my main source of endorphines, to keep me happy and alive from sunrise to sunset: CHOCOLATES!

I love them dark.  



 ... AND CHOCOLATES...


I love Swiss, Belgian and Japanese chocolates.



...AND MORE CHOCOLATES!...
Meiji is the best.
Who says it’s fattening? Nah, I’m still 112lbs despite my ferocious appetite for sweets.

If you’re an officemate, drop by my desk. I have loads to share =)


Friday is Happiness. Have a great one everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Ang daya! How come I am still gaining weight in spite of denying myself this supreme indulgence?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indulge then. Same thing, you still gain weight hehehe. be delighted, eat now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love buying chocolates. lately, i dont eat them, except when im super hungry that i need some glucose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here, luzy! i don't eat much chocolates now. A bite or two will do. It's just comforting to know that I have them whenever I feel like having one. That explains my overflowing stock =)

    ReplyDelete