Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Favorite Quotes


Whenever I watch a movie, I can always remember a line or two blurted by the actors, most especially when such lines are applicable to me. You see, I’m a very emotional person, that’s why it is easy for me to recall dialogues.

Last week, I watched Red Riding Hood. A simple line, but it struck me most; “I am wrong for you.” Just how painful that statement is!

Anyway, I came up with a list of my unforgettable lines from my favorite movies. Here are my top ten:

1)      “A bird may fall in love with a fish, but where would they live?”
-Ever After-



2)      “To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. But you have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived... Stay open, who knows? Lightning could strike.”
                                                                                               -Meet Joe Black-



3)      “Life is like a box of chocolates. You’ll never know what you’re gonna get.”
                       -Forrest Gump-



      4) “Where’s the sense of risking eight lives just to save one guy?”
                                                                                               -Saving Private Ryan-



5)      “Colonel William Sharp, United States Airforce, requesting permission to shake         the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I’ve ever met.”
-Armageddon-



6)      “I’ve loved two women in my life.  I lost one to cancer, and I lost the other ‘cause I   was so busy keeping my job I forgot to do my job.”
-The American President-



7)      “The greatest gift and honor a father could have is having you for a daughter.”
                                                                                          -Mulan-



8)      “If I could have any job in the world I’d be a professional Cinderella.”
                                                                                          -Girl, Interrupted-



9)      Life is a storm. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next.
                                                                                          -The Count of Monte Cristo-



Finally, the line that I can always say with feelings and gestures:

10)  “Oh yes, kaibigan mo lang ako. And I’m so stupid for making the biggest mistake of falling in love with my best friend.”
-Labs Kita, Okay Ka Lang-



Ikaw, what is your favorite movie line?








7 comments:

  1. You see, I’m a very emotional person ---> No! Really? haha :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love #1, #2 meh, #3 too familiar haha totally agree with #4, #5 too common lol #6 nice one! #7 too common #8 hmmm pwede #9 meh #10 WTF?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ikaw, what is your favorite movie line?

    ---> And so the lion fell in love with the lamb? wahahahaha! or how about, You're like my own personal brand of heroin? LOL

    Srsly hmmm...

    Our love is like the wind... I can't see it, but I sure can feel it. - A Walk To Remember

    “If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I’m not ashamed of it.”
    -Edward Cullen

    Could a dead, frozen heart break? If felt like mine would.
    -Edward Cullen (first night he watches her sleep, thinking that his thoughts are completely uncalled for and that she could never love him)

    Could a dead, frozen heart beat again? It felt like it was about to. -Edward Cullen (and about a full minute afterwards, after the first time she says his name in her sleep)

    Wihihihi I'll stop here otherwise I'll be quoting Midnight Sun entirely lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat, i think I should devote a one full page for Edward alone. There's just too many lines from him to love and quote =)

    oi, I think we watched the movie #10 together! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maya!

    "If you love someone you say it, You say it right then, out loud, Or the moment just passes you by." - Julianne to Michael - From My Best Friend's Wedding

    "She had me at my worst, you had me at my best, but you chose to break my heart." - Popoy to Basha - From One More Chance


    Nice blog! =) Maying

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course, I love no. 1 and no. 10. Marvin/Jolina forever !! Hehehehe.

    "You had me at hello." - Jerry Maguire

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't think of a personal favorite. But one of the most unforgettable would be "I'm just an ordinary girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love me" from Notting Hill. Not sure if I got that right though. :)

    ReplyDelete